Therapeutic Use Exemptions (TUE)
An athlete requiring the use of medication containing prohibited substances or methods due to a medical condition may apply for a therapeutic use exemption (TUE). The Norwegian TUE rules are in adherence with the International Standard for Therapeutic Use Exemption and apply to all athletes under the jurisdiction of the NOC. The requirements of the TUE rules differ depending on a categorisation of the athletes.
These are as follows:
• International top-level athletes (participating in competitions under the jurisdiction of the athletes International federation)
• National top-level athletes (as per the “national top-level athlete list – to be found here.)
• All other competing athletes under the jurisdiction of the NOC (special rules for athletes below 15 years)
International top-level athletes shall apply to their international Federation as per their TUE rules.
If you need further information related to TUE application to Anti-Doping Norway, please contact us by phone: 09765 (from abroad +4791509765) or e-mail: email@example.com
Minimum criteria to be granted a TUE:
- The Athlete would experience a significant impairment to health not using the medication containing the prohibited substance.
- Using the medication containing the prohibited substance is highly unlikely to produce any additional enhancement beyond the Athletes normal state of health following the treatment.
- There is not reasonable therapeutic alternative to the use of the prohibited substance.
- The necessity for the use of the medication containing the prohibited substance is not a consequence of the prior use of a prohibited substance at the time of such use.